Stained Glass in St Hilda's:
The Hilda window, designed by Septimus Waugh of York, 1981.
The Durham Light Infantry window, 2008
The Caedmon window, 2008
The Apse dates from the 1810 restoration. The ceiling portrays The Ascension, with St Peter and St John on either side. The windows were designed by Harcourt Doyle of Liverpool and dedicated in 1952 (replacing the victorian windows of the same subjects destroyed in an air raid on the town in 1941).
Left - The Birth of Christ Centre - The Crucifixion Right - The Ascension